G&M

Default Wiring in a whirlpool bath

"John Orrett" wrote in message
news
Hi all; my missus wants a new bathroom suite, and we are (sorry - she is)
looking at a whirlpool spa type thingy bath. I'm just wondering about the
electricity needed for the pump. The nearest electricity is next door in

my
daughter's bedroom through a normal plug socket. The spec says that it

must
be protected by a fuse switch (30 mA) by a 31A or 16A fuse. Furthermore,
this circuit must contain a dual-pole circuit breaker with a contact
aperture of at least 3-mm. The potential equiliser (at least mm squared)

is
to be connected to the motor plate.
At this last bit, all I saw was white noise :-). Our local friendly

plumber
will hook up the power to the pump but won't fix the wiring.
Question is - is it OK to feed this out of a normal plug socket or does it
need something meatier? I'll be getting a local spark in to do the job
needless to say!

You cannot use a plug socket. You need a dedicated feed from the CU either
on the RCD side or (and ?) an external one. Plus the double pole switch
mentioned and a bloody reliable earth wire - thicker the better.