Del Cecchi

Default Bosch dishwasher cycle problem

"David Martin" wrote in message
om...
I recently started having a problem with my Bosch 2-year old
dishwasher (SHU5315). When the time left indicator LED gets to 1
minute left, it just keeps going and going and never stops until I
manually cancel the cycle. It does this on all wash settings except
for the 9-minute rinse setting. Has anyone else ever encountered
similar behavior?

After searching through misc.consumers.house, I have seen some
posts which suggest that the heat sensor needs to be resoldered. Only,
not having a schematic of the washer, I am not sure where the heat
sensor is. Does anyone know how to get technical information about
Bosch appliances?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-David,

You've got a 1000 dollar appliance there, more or less. Maybe the thing to
do is pay the service man to come out and fix it.

The heat sensor should be someplace in contact with the water in the tub, I
would think. Locate it and follow the wires back to the controller. Now
why the heat sensor would prevent the wash cycle from ending I don't know.
Or is this a sensor that tells that the dishes are dry by the increase in
temp? In that case it would probably be at the top of the unit.

del cecchi.