Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:29:59 +0100, NY posted for all of us to digest...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal intra-muscular
injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous injection (*) or
withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either, but I imagine the
second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get a
drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Once you have an IV started it goes in the injection port.

--
Tekkie