Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default An electronic question.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
I managed to find this article, which features different power supply
decoupling and some reasoning behind the choices.
https://sound-au.com/dwopa.htm

Now there's a thing. It's a design from ESP I'm referring to. ;-)

It's comforting to see not everything I say is drivel :-)

I do suggest it is more typical to decouple everything to ground rather
than +ve to -ve. And I was trying to think of a possible reason why this
configuration might be chosen and not simply to save a couple of components.

I suppose extra decoupling could always be added afterwards if there is
any PS noise or a perceived advantage. Without knowing more about the
power supply it is difficult to call.