Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Montana Overrun

In article ,
lid says...

Is a shanney similar to a shanty? (a small, crudely built, shack. a hut,
cabin, lean-to)

If so, I can see why folks would knock them down and rebuild, assuming they
have the money to do so.

I probably misspelled it. Maybe even miss used it to some extent. I was
thinking of some houses that were built a good number of years ago and
just barely good enough to live in. Those homes were all the people of
low paying jobs could afford around 50 years ago and are still living in
them as they are still all they can afford. The homes were probably
built just after WW2 if not before.