Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default An electronic question.

An audio circuit I found online and have been playing with has an odd
design (to me).

It's op-amp based running off a (separate) +/-15v supply.

There are on board caps across the supply, which is common enough. 10 and
0.1uF in parallel. But instead of going to ground, they are wired across
the +/-15v. Does that do the job as well? Or serves a different purpose?

I would say it is normal for 0V to be treated as ground and all supply
decoupling off that.

I can perhaps understand an instance where you might not want to impose
power supply noise/switch/ripple current on the ground rail. It depends
on the nature of the power supply.