Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

Johnny B Good wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 19:23:26 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

The Other John wrote:

In our bathroom we have 2 halogen wall lights with G9 40W mains capsules
rated at 460L each. Looking at LED replacements I can only see 200L
capsules, so we would get less than half the illumination. Fortunately
I have 5 spares so they should out last me!

I have 6 x 12 V MR16 bulbs in my bathroom, fed via a Dimpull. So far
they haven't made a version of the Dimpull that can handle LEDs.

In the 16 years since they were installed (tempting providence) I don't
think I have changed any bulbs, of which I have a stock, but I am on my
3rd Dimpull. Its soft start is obviously good for bulb life, just a
shame its own design isn't better.

Extrapolating, I don't think I need to worry.

+1 (assuming those Dimpull units are some version of an "electronic
transformer")

Not quite. It is a dimmable pull-cord which feeds my electronic
transformers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greenbrook-DIMPULL-C-Dimmer-Switch-options/dp/B005KQTELU

Chris
--