Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 15:49:44 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/06/2021 15:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 11 June 2021 at 13:48:30 UTC+1, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/06/2021 11:23, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 18:28:16 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

Of course Tim would agree. It was the point he was making.

rolls eyes DickHeadxx is just *really* *REALLY* thick.
That's a bit rich coming from someone who claimed:
1) eating meat "making viruses that are lethal to mankind antibiotic
resistant".
And when told viruses have always resistant to antibiotics you still say:
2) "becoming more so because of or exposure to antibiotics in
meat."

It took a few goes from numerous poster for you to actually accept that
"eating meat makes viruses antibiotic resistant" was a lie.

3) Despite claiming to be an expert on the Raspberry Pi, you claimed
that "the Pi can't be considered the best choice for a serious / long
term system is that it runs on an SD and that's not good for long term
writes". You were disingenuous to the poster who pointed the RPi can
load from SD card and then no more writes. So no writing at all once the
image is loaded onto the card.

Your eyes may roll, but first look in the mirror to see a fanatic devoid
of judgement and knowledge.
The problem is, if you are 'keeping' (unnaturally of course) an animal
that is destined to be killied and it's flesh eaten, if it get's ill
and dies the exploiter (of that animal and it's flesh) won't get much
/ any money for it if it dies.

So the exploiter would likely be willing to waste *some* money / time
on it (all the exploited animals have a price / value on their heads
of course so it's not compassion, just 'money') and gives it
antibiotics, those antibiotics will then stay in that creature for
some time and the rules re how much can be left before the animal
*then* killed (?), chopped up and it flesh eaten by us are likely to
be such a time when it's considered to be below some arbitrary level,
eg, not none? Hence *our* antibiotic resistance.
Would that be antibiotic resistance to viruses? As you've already been
told the jury is out on that one. Either way I am happy to ban the use
of antibiotics on all animals.
And the exploiters talk about this with no sense of irony (because to
them there is none, it's just a commodity, even though it's often more
intelligent than their 'pet' dog), 'I need to get it well to send it
to the abattoir ...' .
Food is food. Your plant food is a commodity too.
I sort of get the idea of getting a prisoner 'well' before applying
the death sentence as 'the point' is to apply the 'ultimate
punishment' you can apply to a sentient being', taking it's life and
that is most pertinent / relevant when they are full of life (like all
the very young animals killed for their flesh).

If you kill an animal (or person) because they are suffering it's
called 'a mercy killing' when you are doing it for them, not you /
society (and if it your pet they still don't use a bolt gun or gas
before cutting it's throat).
So advocate an alternative method of slaughter. I'd be happy to ban the
use of CO2, would you?
Cheers, T i m

p.s. Another example of DickHeadxx's blinkered focus on animal welfare
(because he likes the taste of animal flesh too much).
I like it because it is part of a natural healthy diet, and where I want
my loved ones to grow with a fully developed brain, and not be stunted
when children are fed a strict vegan diet and end up with a IQ over 10
points lower than a child eating a vegetarian diet.

Do you have a link or something where this is stated as a researched FACT.
As I don't believe they have tested your theory on kids for 20+ years

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...t-healthy-kids
Yes it's difficult and you need to be intelligent enough to understand, but most parents find it easier to send their kids off to takeaways or use delivery services , so they can stay in and watch reality TV shows.

I feel it is hard to beat the BBC for accuracy. There must be other
articles.

https://qz.com/1622642/making-your-k...me-in-belgium/

Which does suggest there is genuine harm.

Forcing kids to do anything is harmful and sometimes illegal.

I haven't done any more
research on this. Either way without more information or more studies I
would be reluctant to endorse a child being fed a strict vegan diet any
more than giving a dog or cat an exclusively plant food diet.

I agree and it's why such research hasn't been done I suspect. Unless on animals of course.
How many cigarettes a day do beagles have to smoke to prove smoking is bad for you.

Historically there are so many unknown unknowns in our diet all I can
suggest is a child should be given a wide range of foodstuffs in the
hope that more good is done than harm.

I agree but there are some cultures that don't eat meat from birth.
There have been no completely vegan cultures in known human history. However, many successful societies have eaten a mostly plant-based diet, including some of the healthiest and longest-living populations. Religions like Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism have also incorporated vegetarian ideas for thousands of years.

With the latest science and tech we now mostly understand what a human needs
and with global trade we can get everything we need from veg, although I can't argue that bacon tastes
nice.

I often cook what you might call varied meals but the children tend to
be fussy eaters. They adore chicken.

Covered in what, and I bet if you showed them how some chickens are treated they'd be as likely to want to eat them as they are as likely to eat cats dogs or even insects. It's the way people are brought up which is the key here.
They did a study on fussy eating kids they gave them fruit and veg and they wouldn't eat it.
So they gave them the same things and told them not to eat them but to play with them making faces and animals out of them, after a couple of weeks they told the kids to try eating them and they did.
It's been found that most animals play with food before they feel confident enough to eat it, this goes back to the early days, if something yuo are playing with doesn't harm you then perhaps eating it is safe.
Meercats do this with deadly scorpions, the parents kill them and let their offspring play with them safely
they eventually learn that it should be dead before eating.

They do like fruit of various kinds
so try and keep that available during their visits.

good idea, I never liked brussel sprouts, still don;t when boiled but now I put them in the oven, cover them in cooking oil and black pepper and I quite like them now. Plus side is they go in the oven with potatoes so less washing up too :-)

Trouble was when my veggies friends tried to convert by cooking me a nut roast, horrible and I still won;t eat a nut roast, even soaked in ketchup.
There's a few thinks I still like that I haven't found substitutes for though Oxtail soup, chicken salad sandwiches,
fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna. But I did find a ready meal of sweet and sour toru that I liked
and will buy that rather than the chicken version in fact I had to get the packet out of the bin as I wasn't sure
I hadn't bought S/S chicken by miskake .
Currently 80% of my meals contain no meat as such, I try to buy the sainsburys cheese which is veggie
but if I;m not going there I buy any cheese in the shop and refer to that as veggie when I have
a cheese and fake smoked ham (quorn) sandwiches, I've also found vegan cheese in squares which I like
but it is rather expensive.
I don;t plan to become either veggie or vegan but I do think eating less processed meat a good idea
if not for my own health then to help global warming and animal cruelty.
Is it really necessary to slit a cows throat while it;s still alive to save money on employing a stun gun ?
Why subcerdise euro cows at $800 dollars per cow so we can sell cheap milk and butter to Russia.

'Vegans must be stopped'
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...scmts=scwspsdd

I bet he will be first to sign the petition, completely missing the
point as usual and all his standard (strawmen) 'arguments' are in the
comments as well.
I would be the last. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I keep on saying I have nothing against you having a vegan diet, even if
you wish it to be otherwise. It's you fanaticism that is detrimental to
encouraging others to consider a vegan diet.

yes he does come across as rather fanatical on most things ;-)

You should be ashamed. Your
fanaticism is a very good example of why we should eat meat.

I'll D. Trump you on that. "good clean coal" , "sky rocket downwards", covid 19 is a fake virus, then it's the chinese virus, lets look into injecting people with bleach, or put a strong light inside them and many other quotes from a
person brought up on fast food because it's clean. 74 million people voted for him, most brought up on a meat intensive diet the USA is one of the highest consumers of meat which is also injected with various additives
which is hardly natural anyway.

I abhor the additives, to include hormones and routine antibiotics given
to farm animals. If there is a free trade agreement, I truly hope the
meat will be marked accordingly. I will avoid it.

Me too if only we could have more facts about everything. I'd grow my own but far too lazy and don;t like gardening
I prefer being on my computer to toiling in the garden. They now make it pretty easy to get cheap veg in supermarkets/shops even if it isn't as tasted, that's why man invented ketchup and other essential condiments.
I can;t even eat chips without lots of salt and vinegar, and occasionally add black pepper too.
And proper chip shop chips are still better than home cooked (without a lot of effort) and don;t get me on those
ridiculous french fries ;-) dam foreign food !