Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On 12/06/2021 18:53, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:47:33 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 11/06/2021 21:35, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:34:01 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:45:41 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 19:33:24 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

This should be possible by now - growing meat without an animal:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...ering/myoblast

I'm really sure what the draw is, it's not oxygen FFS!

Unable to interpret sentence.

sigh Some look upon 'meat' like it's some form of elixir of life
when it's generally as bad for us as it's good for us plus
(alternatives have more of the pros and fewer of the cons) plus the
very long list of other cons that make it a non-starter for some.

It's the elixir of a child's brain development. Without it, and
following a strict vegan diet a child can expect to have an IQ of 10
points lower than a comparable vegetarian child.

What a load of unsubstantiated bull****.

I'm a vegetarian and always have been, and have an IQ of 135.

Did you actually read my post? If it's bull****, are you saying that a
vegetarian child's IQ is 10 points lower than a vegan child's? Do make
up your mind.

For the avoidance of doubt:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...r-intelligence

Going by your posts, and your inability to read mine, you don't come
across as having a high IQ. By way of example you don't seem
sufficiently intelligent to be gainfully employed.

We popped out in the car yesterday (to pick up some cable) and on the
way back, wondered if Burger King were doing their 'Rebel Whopper'
again so we went though the drive through. (It came out just before
the lockdown but was stopped because they (like many other places)
they went to a 'restricted menu'). ;-(

They weren't, but were doing what appears to be the same thing but
just under the name of 'Plant Based Whopper', so we gave them a go.

It seemed to be the same (very nice) as when we bought it as before,
but neither of us were sure if it was actually meat (as in dead
animals) or not? ;-(

Well plant based means plants, not animals.

I know.

* What on earth confused you?

Ah, you have never heard of horse being served up as beef or monkfish
/ whatever being sold as cod? My point is it tasted (and had the
texture) very much like a meat pattie (as I remember it) and if you
were looking for a direct meat experience as possible (in a burger),
that could well be it. We weren't don't and why we were slightly
surprised that it was plant based ... wondered if they had slipped a
meat one in there because they had run out of the plant based and knew
they were so similar, most wouldn't be able to tell the difference?

Have you never stopped and thought why we have evolved to like the taste
of meat?

Because you're an idiot?* It smells like something that's rotting and
gone off.

Perhaps that is where you are going wrong. The meat I eat is not rotting
or gone off. Perhaps you should consider higher quality retail outlets
rather than perhaps tramps selling roadkill.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...s-of-evolution

"Human ancestors who were able to accurately identify rotting food that
was actually fermenting, and therefore OK to eat, would have had an
evolutionary advantage over others". Some of us have evolved to avoid
"rotting and gone off" food.