Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 12/06/2021 14:12, #Paul wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
I'm sure the eye response is very different to film emulsion response.

Also, which may be relevant here - eye responses differ, sometimes
by quite a lot - between people.

They do indeed.

But the relevant blue, red, green cones in eyes have a similar response
in terms of wavelength.

Where the difference you mention comes from having different proportions
of these cones, or even one type missing.

It's interesting to view a narrow spectrum light - like say yellow low
pressure sodium - then match it by adjusting the RGB drives to a monitor.
No two people will get the same result.

Is your experience is with CRT? These are associated with poor purity
wrt to LCD

http://www.marcelpatek.com/LCD.html

I would wager, if you have a 'pure' green LED light mixed with a 'pure'
red LED I suspect the difference would be somewhat less for the average
observer, except those who are truly missing a set of cones or someone
who cannot distinguish between red and green.

BICBW