b_white

Default Bosch battery charger (for a drill)

Matthew Ames wrote:
I have been given a Bosch battery charger (along with a battery) for a
fairly chunky looking battery powered drill.

The problem apparently is that the charger does not charge batteries.
The battery appears to have about 15vdc (marked as 24v 1.2Ah). I
have popped the covered off the charger, and there is about 35vdc
across the charging terminals.

However when I attach the battery, the voltage drops to about 15vdc -
as if the charge has no current supply.

I have had a quick look at the circuit board and it looks ok. There
is also an LED attached to the board which briefly flickers when the
battery is attached and then goes out again.

I was lead to believe the LED is meant to flash until the battery is
charged and then remain on to show 'fully charged'.

The details I have for the unit a Typ 1617 224 006 (then 820 in an
ellipse)
prim: 240vac, 50/60Hz, 30w
sek: 24vdc, 0.6a, 15va

Any suggestions?!

Cheers,
Matt

ps. device is apparently a bit over a year old, but has not had much
use.

This charger is the same as mine, which is for my GBH24 VRE 24Volt Hammer
Drill. I doubt that there is anything wrong with the charger itself, rather,
the battery is knacked. This is precisely the same effect I had with my
original battery which went the same way.