Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two Faucets in Shower? Still Legal?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:58:59 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

If you get a permit and the valve is replaced it will have to be a
current code valve in most places. If the old valve body remains and
it is just "repaired" it can stay.
Without a permit, it is up to how much your "plumber" values his
license if he has one.

Glad we can do our own electrical and plumbing work with out a permit or
contractor in most cases for repairs. Even some new additions to the
house like another outlet or light.

That is why I said "if you get a permit". There are AHJs that want
permits for replacing electrical devices and any plumbing that
requires opening up pipes will as well.
Water heaters are usually what gets you in trouble in those places
tho. An old water heater on the curb with no record of a permit might
get a knock on your door but that is just easier to detect. It really
just depends on how hungry the AHJ is.