Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FreeSat.

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
On 12/06/2021 09:07, tim... wrote:

the question with FS is:

do they mean a consumer of the FS product

or

the owner of a FS branded recording device

Is this app function specific to FS branded devices, or will it work with
any FS receiver?

I don't know. I am assuming that the OP is using a device which states
that it is Freesat. Which I would assume meant that it would be Freesat
branded compatible.

I wasn't referring to the OP's post

But to the information in the apps marketing information (on the website)

With this TV, you get the choice of FreeSat or normal (which they call
other)

The FreeSat setup is ideal for those who only want basically UK progs.
Assuming your dish is working, you just hit auto tune and it does
everything for you - similar to FreeView.

If you want other, it wipes the FreeSat settings, and starts again. And is
then just a conventional FTA receiver. Where you can select the satellites
you want, and whether to download everything (and sort it out later) or
ignore encrypted stuff etc.

Ideally, it would have given you the choice of doing both. Having FreeSat
and other as selectable 'EPGs' that you could swap between easily. In the
same way as you select FreeSat or FreeView.

--
*All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.