Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Fixings for Tanalised Timber

On 11/06/2021 20:39, Chris Green wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Can anyone advise me on the suitability of fixings in particular screws for Tanalised timber?

I have looked on the Lonza site and downloaded their user guide to working
with tanalised timber and it seems there are two recommendations either
stainless steel screws or galvanised screws. Stainless steel is out on
cost grounds it is only a shed I am putting together. The Zinc coating

Why, they're not *that* expensive if you shop around a bit, what sorts
of sizes and quantities do you want?

I've standardised on stainless screws for all outside work and almost
everything else as well. It's only if I want something *very* strong
that I consider anything else now.

That was my thought and so I thought I would look up some prices. While
they are ~3x the cost of equivalent cheap BZP screws some 5 x 50mm
stainless on Toolsatan are £14 per 200. If you want your build to last
it's a small price to pay.