Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Rod Speed
wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I think its the weird way of using old words. Our vision is that this
will inform our policies toward carbon neutrality. Ie lots of word
to say, lets see if we can do it on the cheap, but I also get annoyed
by politicians dressing up things as something else. We were at that
time blind to this.

Instead of, I cocked it up cos I never read the memo, and in any case
why is blind used in that context? Blind is simply in the lack of
sight. I mean blind drunk, Blind faith, blind alley??

Those terms are useful. What other term would you use that is better ?

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations
for blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London
Vision, or Vision foundation etc, Vision loss is fine, but these
organisations sound like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity
to help blind people, what is wrong with blind, or vision loss or
partially sighted??

Too long.

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools don't like
to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

It's not the disabled who wantb other terms. It's those who "feel" for
them.

Don't believe that, I have seen some disabled groups that do that.