Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Kelly Phillips Kelly Phillips is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:23:56 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:36:53 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

Tap instead of click.

That makes sense if you're talking about a phone.

App instead of program.

Definitely. The whole process of ignoring computer and writing only
about phones annoys me.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Yes, people should get that right.

Saying less when they mean fewer is annoying to me. My local news makes
that mistake almost daily. "Less people attended the art festival this
year." Less people? WTH is that? Amputees? They mean fewer people, of
course, but it annoys me that I have to mentally translate.

Also, orientated instead of oriented, or drownded instead of drowned.