Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 10:49:52 AM UTC-4, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I don't tap or click my computer I operate it with the keyboard.

....snip...

Apparently the folks at Merriam-Webster disagree with you.

The act of selecting an item on a computer with a mouse (or keyboard) is defined as a "click".
The act of pushing a button or moving a switch is also defined as a "click"..

click
\ ˈklik \
clicked; clicking; clicks
transitive verb

1: to strike, move, or produce with a click
- clicked his heels together
2: to select especially in a computer interface by pressing a button on a control device (such as a mouse)
3a: to turn (something) on or off by pushing a button or moving a switch
- She clicked off the light, and we were plunged into darkness again.
- I just kept fumbling till I found the remote and pulled it up out of the cracks of the couch and clicked the TV off.
b: to change or move through (channels) especially by pushing buttons on a remote control