Posted to alt.home.repair

Default U.S. Home Values Up 2 Trillion Dollars This Year

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:23:37 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

trader_4 writes:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 12:35:55 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 6/10/2021 7:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2021 9:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:56:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:35:33 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9673329/Homeowners-America-got-2T-richer-months-year.html

As we found out in 2008 there is a difference between home prices and
home value. I would say home prices are up. Whether that is actually
going to translate to value will be seen.

Real estate taxes are going to jump. Insurance rates also.

Tax RATES should go down if the assessment goes up. Insurance for
replacement would go up.
Tell us someplace where that happens.

It happens here every time they do a reassessment, which is maybe every ten years
or so.

That is highly locality dependent. Some progressive states have a 1%
tax rate. It never changes. The assessment can go up by no more than 2% p.a. and
is only reasssed on an ownership change.

The rate never changes.

The thing that changes the millage most places in Florida is new
taxing "districts" (things like Mosquito Control and hyacinth
control). They add another service, call it a taxing district and it
shows up on your tax bill as a new charge. Your base rate stays the
same.