Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

I don't tap or click my computer I operate it with the keyboard. I get
annoyed by sites that say for more info tap here, then hide it way down the
tab order in a page so you loose the will to live trying to focus it to
operate it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:48:03 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Draw instead of drawer with a chest of draws on facebook.
Not annoy so much as just ****ed.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.

You don't click anything with a smartphone.

You might aswell call it a click. It's precisely the same action. I even
see instructions on how to fix things say "tap or click", like phone users
are too stupid to know that click can be done with your finger.

App instead of program.

Works better than prog.

They both sound stupid. But as an Aussie you're more used to excessive
shortening of everything, like "arvo" would never be acceptable in the UK.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Not that pathetically anal.

The pathetic are the ones that insist on using the "correct" one.

Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down).

Not that pathetically anal.

It's a blatant contradiction!

People who write computer programs
that say "hello world" and nothing else

Doesn't happen enough to matter anymore.

I only need to see it once to want to kill.