Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

In article ,
Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less
(even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write computer
programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program
doesn't have the intelligence to say hello. Bothering to distinguish
between burned and burnt. Forward instead of forwards.

By far and away the most annoying words are Commander Kinsey as author of
a post.

--
*We never really grow*up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.