Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Phone divert.

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

I am the same, but I do it the other way around. I have my landline
number always ring on my mobile as well as the landline. I ask everyone
to always use my landline number.

I do this by using VOIP for my landline and by my mobile being a
smartphone. I got my old BT phone number transferred to VOIP about 10
years ago, it is good quality and reliable.

If you get phone and internet via openreach you can transfer a phone
number to VOIP when converting the line to SoGEA.

VOIP on the mobile isn't always brilliant but it is good enough and I
can always phone back on the actual mobile number if there are problems.