Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
micky micky is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:46:33 +0100, Andy Bennet
wrote:

On 10/06/2021 17:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

At this present moment in time.

Yeah, that bothers me too, although I think what I've heard is slightly
different. It seems like a phoney effort to look competent and precise
because the things described don't even happen in a moment. Often they
take weeks. I first noticed this, and I think it started, from people
in the Nixon administration

At the end of the day.