Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Nar, not that one. Said when telling someone to do something
immediately. Still cant think of it but that's just my dyslexia.

Post haste? Yeah, I could guess forever almost and still never hit the
right one.