Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default FreeSat.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:37:32 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

On 10/06/2021 09:35, T i m wrote:

Or they try to install it themselves, it mis-tunes to the wrong tx,

(How often / easy is that to happen and under what circumstances would
you say? I mean, don't the TV's often ask for your location / 'Region

TV reception being what it is, the strongest signal might be the wrong
signal.

Noted.

If 'automatic' tuning doesn't work because it can be confused by which
transmitter(s?) to use, would that mean tuning it manually and what
typically happens after when a re-tune is required?

They get a grandchild to do it.

;-)

Or often along this row of cottages, yours truly. ;-)

That said, I think I've probably had to re-enable more things that
they disabled because of finger trouble on digital systems than I have
tuning or re-tuning analogue stuff.

Tell me if this sounds familiar ...

Ding dong ... Hello yourname, I'm sorry to trouble you again but I
think I have broken something on my TV as I was just going to watch
what I recorded yesterday and I pressed something and now it's all
gone black but would you be able to come along soon and look at it for
me and tell me if I need to replace something we are now walking
along to hers ... as Cynthia and Joan are coming along at 2 and we
are going shopping but I wanted to watch it before they come round as
they will want to talk about it and we won't be able if I haven't
watched it yet going into their place ... thanks for coming along
and I'm sorry to bother you again but I phoned Darren and he said he
can come round this evening and look at it for me but oh ... you've
got it working ... thank you so much, what would I do without you ...
can I give you some cake ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m