Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:48:45 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 09/06/2021 22:51, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 15:24:17 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

snip

I doubt LEDs will work in our John Lewis 'touch sensitive/three level'
bedside lamps.

FWIW I put a dimmable LED lamp in mums 'touch sensitive three level'
table lamp (and two similar used as bedside lights) and it/they worked
fine? I can't imagine it was bought with LED compatibility in mind but
it could have been LED compatible of course.

Interesting. I'll get an LED replacement bulb, and give it a spin then.
They might have been bought from Homebase FWIW.

I'm sure the 'guts' all come from the same place in China !

You are probably right, even if they were initially designed here.

Cheers, T i m