Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On 10/06/2021 13:15, NY wrote:
"Fredxx" wrote in message
It means I can make side by side comparison. The LED tubes provide a
natural white, where the florries have a magenta tinge, lacking green
in comparison. Others have also commented that the LED tubes are
brighter.

Interesting. To my eye, "daylight" CFLs have a very faint greenish
tint, like looking through thick glass. And florrie tubes always used
to reproduce on daylight slide film with a strong green cast: you used
to be able to buy a pale magenta filter to compensate for it (*). So
it is interesting that your florries look to have too *little* rather
than too *much* green. Shows how unreliable film and the eyes are when
faced with a discontinuous spectrum!

Its fredxx he cant rell his arse from his elbow.

Stop judging others by your own failings.

It is well known that
fluoros have an overall green cast.

It may be well known to you, but you don't have the two lamps near side
by side to make a comparison.