Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Heating and reusing asphalt

trader_4 writes:

It would seem to me that to make old material into decent new material woul=
require mixing in some new petroleum based glue that's sticky and binds it =
all together.
Where one would get that in small quantities, IDK. Without it, I would be=
skeptical
that it would work well, would be durable enough to last, but then I've nev=
er tried it.

When they resurface asphalt roads around here, they have a train of
grinder - paver - asphalt tanker, all connected together that grind
the top three inches, add hot asphalt, and pave it right back down.

Then they put a virgin topcote on.