Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

"Fredxx" wrote in message
It means I can make side by side comparison. The LED tubes provide a
natural white, where the florries have a magenta tinge, lacking green in
comparison. Others have also commented that the LED tubes are brighter.

Interesting. To my eye, "daylight" CFLs have a very faint greenish tint,
like looking through thick glass. And florrie tubes always used to reproduce
on daylight slide film with a strong green cast: you used to be able to buy
a pale magenta filter to compensate for it (*). So it is interesting that
your florries look to have too *little* rather than too *much* green. Shows
how unreliable film and the eyes are when faced with a discontinuous
spectrum!

(*) I wonder if the same filter worked for all films or whether some brands
had different spectral sensitivities to others. And of course you'd need a
different filter for each type (warm/cool-white) of tube.