Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default FreeSat.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 02:05:05 +0100, williamwright
wrote:

On 09/06/2021 18:05, T i m wrote:

The shame is (often old) people paying to have their new DTV 'set up'
when in many cases you just plug it in and follow the onscreen prompts
and it does it all for you (unlike the old ATV where you had to
manually tune each button and the video etc). ;-)

Or they try to install it themselves, it mis-tunes to the wrong tx,

(How often / easy is that to happen and under what circumstances would
you say? I mean, don't the TV's often ask for your location / 'Region
to (presumably) know what range of frequencies it should be looking
for?)

so
they assume they need a 'digital aerial'

;-)

and some **** in my trade comes
along, rips them for £150, then tunes the TV correctly.

;-(

If 'automatic' tuning doesn't work because it can be confused by which
transmitter(s?) to use, would that mean tuning it manually and what
typically happens after when a re-tune is required?

Asking because we live in an area that is only really served by one TX
so never had to manually tune a DTV.

Cheers, T i m