Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:05:25 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/08/2021 01:34 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:18:59 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/07/2021 03:01 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:17:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/5/2021 3:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/05/2021 12:45 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
When my wife & I went up there they seemed to always ask if we were
from PA. I
asked them how did they know and they replied the diction/accent. To
my ears
they sounded the same as us but ??? Sometimes they stated they were
from PA so
they could tell. We never saw any Moose in NH in spite of all the
signs...

The first company I worked for was building an integrated system for
molding laminated golf club heads. The hydraulic unit was from Hull.
iirc they were in Warminster or Hatboro, some place in Bucks County.
When I first met their engineer I thought he was a Brit.

Hatboro. About a half mile from where I worked in the 70s.

Never heard of Hull. Oh well, didn't know they made golf clubs there either.

Hull made hydraulic presses.

https://www.aaronequipment.com/usede...359-e-47842001

The company I worked for made dielectric preheaters.

http://rfpreheaters.com/index_files/Model67RT.htm

The idea was to lay up a stack of laminate and clamp it in the press.
The preheater would hasten the cure of the laminating resin. The
ultimate customer was True Temper. I don't remember where their plant was.

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/3591183.html

I'm not a golfer but I don't think woods are made out of wood anymore.

It was a one off. Then there was the snath bender...

I'm afraid to ask... but I will ^^^^^^^^^^^^

https://gemplers.com/products/wooden-scythe-snath

There are quite a few styles of snaths and fitting one isn't as easy as
picking up a hammer.

http://site.baryonyxknife.com/blog/2...off-the-shelf/

Anyway, the snath bender was a multi-axis hydraulic contraption to try
to speed up the traditional method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBxNDhMzQNU

The amazing part was Ye Olde Snath Bender. He could go through a stack
of ash blanks and say 'This one will bend' or 'That one won't' hardly
looking at them and he was right almost all the time. If the grain runs
out wrong it'll split out no matter how long you steam it.

Back in the days when you'd be swinging a scythe from dawn to dusk
during harvest you wanted everything exactly right.

Okay, you see the Amish using them. We called them sickles. (I'm just a dumb
dutchman). It is on the list of items that I have used but will never use
again. It is hot boring work.

--
Tekkie