Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On 06/09/2021 03:18 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:59:59 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/08/2021 02:59 AM, wrote:
On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8:58:45 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/07/2021 11:09 AM, wrote:
On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 12:45:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:43:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:39:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Sure, that's their origin. What's wrong with deep-fried cornbread? It's
tasty.

I'm always willing to pay to have someone else deep-fry for me.

Cindy Hamilton
Usually the only time I will crank up a fryer is if I have a gang.
Otherwise you have a lot of money in oil for a little bit of food.
I do splurge now and then tho, just for some decent french fries and
that usually means a fish fry too (shrimp, scallops etc).
Those are the nights I understand I am not going to live forever. ;-)

I've never thought it prudent to become proficient at deep frying. I do
enough damage with the skills I already have.

As a damnyankee, I don't have a family tradition of deep frying.

Cindy Hamilton

No nice, crispy calamari?

Let me put it this way:

My mother and I lived with her parents until I was about 9 years old. Every
Tuesday, my grandmother had the day off from her job. She went to the
fish market and for dinner that night we had whitefish, breaded with
cornflake crumbs, pan fried.

That's my family tradition. Cornflake crumbs.

Might have been a step up from flour. A recipe I never tried to
replicate consisted of parboiling chicken, rolling it in flour, and
frying it. The final product tented to have large clumps of semi-cooked
flour. I was never good at breading so I don't.

Fortunately our whitefish appeared on Friday, professionally cooked.

https://www.tedsfishfry.com/

The second from the left photo on the bottom is the iconic fish fry, a
strip of fried fish on a hot dog bun with a sweet chili sauce. I've
never seen anything quite like it in my travels but the Deeb family has
run it for over 60 years.

The place around here only has cornflake crumbs, unimpressive.

Cornflake crumbs or cornmeal? Cornflake crumbs sounds unusual;
cornmeal much more likely.

Gotta be hip and use panko.