Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Watering can, galvanised on outside only?

On 08/06/2021 23:40, Mark wrote:
R D S wrote:

Sick of all the plastic crap i've watched fade and crack over the years,
when I wanted a watering can I bought a nice shiny metal one.

I was pouring rusty water on my plants the other day and noted that it's
galvanised on the outside, but only the top inch or so on the inside.

So i'm emptying it each use and putting it away somewhere dry, seems
pointless to me galvanising it at all.

Is that right/normal?

don't see how that's possible Hot dip galvanizing you have to immerse the whole thing in a tank

But most cheaper stuff these days is *not* hot dip, it's some sort of
zinc plating, although I'm not sure how that works.

Also, it may have been coated before manufacture.