Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Light 3 core silicone mains cable?

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 08:00:47 -0700 (PDT), Owain Lastname
wrote:

On Tuesday, 8 June 2021 at 12:13:31 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
I can't seem to find a supplier of definable lengths of light silicone
3 core flex to use on things like soldering irons,

Rapid do it in 50 metre

https://www.rapidonline.com/flexes?&Attributes={%22Insulation%20Material%22:[%22Silicon%20rubber%22]}

1.76/m is a good price and the .5 / 6mm OD should be nice n flexible.
It's just finding the 87.95 when I only need a few m right now ...

Or 6 per metre, continuous length
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312896277017
Several sellers on Ebay.

Thanks for those ... for some reason I had ignored the white sheathed
cables, even though I have had a Weller iron with a white lead for
some time.

Maybe it's because it can get dirty (not that it did particularly).

It just doesn't feel right on a tool somehow (but beggars can't be
choosers, 1.76/m eh). ;-)

Cheers, T i m