Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Vaccine causes virus mutations?

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Yes and no.

No and no, actually.

The problem is it mutates in any case,

Viruses can only mutate in an infected person.

as RNA genetic sequences are more error prone on copying than dna ones.
Thus its swings and roundabouts. as has been proved with Flu.

Nope, not with covid.

IE even if you did not get the yearly flu jab, some immunity remains but
due to mutation you will still get ill, that is why they give a basket of
various best guess mutations to you.

But so far only one covid strain has been shown to
infect someone who has been previously infected.

The same effect will occur here,

Nope, for that reason.

as has been proved with many other viruses including the close relative
known as Sars 1.

SARS didn’t infect more than once.

There is no perfect answer

There is on that question he asked, vaccinate most
people and it will no longer be a problem, as we
have seen with measles, mumps, scarlet fever,
yellow fever, polio, smallpox etc etc etc.

but we can respond faster than the virus can,

It’s the reverse actually.

as the virus is basically mutating all the time

But not necessarily getting better all the time.

and its only those where mutations mean it can do its job better that stay
in the population.

That mangles the real story too given that be best
vaccines do currently appear to be effective against
most or maybe even all the variants, unlike with flu.

All the common colds we get were probably once serious virus that would
kill us,

That’s not true either.

but over te years the immunity has improved faster than the mutations to
get around these.

If that was true, the common cold would have killed
those savages who had no immunity when infected
white men showed up and we know that didn’t happen.

You have to remember that viruses are not thinking creatures they are just
driven by a simple chemical key that hijacks cells to make more virus. Its
not clear why they exist,

Basically they evolved, just like everything else did.

but in our universe, anything that can occur will occur,

That’s not true either.

so looking for a reason is pointless.

We already know the reason, evolution.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Doesn't giving a coronavirus vaccine to everyone increase the chances of
the virus mutating to avoid the vaccine? So we should be using it
sparingly.