Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Vaccine causes virus mutations?

Yes and no. The problem is it mutates in any case, as RNA genetic sequences
are more error prone on copying than dna ones. Thus its swings and
roundabouts. as has been proved with Flu. IE even if you did not get the
yearly flu jab, some immunity remains but due to mutation you will still
get ill, that is why they give a basket of various best guess mutations to
you. The same effect will occur here, as has been proved with many other
viruses including the close relative known as Sars 1.

There is no perfect answer but we can respond faster than the virus can, as
the virus is basically mutating all the time and its only those where
mutations mean it can do its job better that stay in the population. All the
common colds we get were probably once serious virus that would kill us, but
over te years the immunity has improved faster than the mutations to get
around these. You have to remember that viruses are not thinking creatures
they are just driven by a simple chemical key that hijacks cells to make
more virus. Its not clear why they exist, but in our universe, anything that
can occur will occur, so looking for a reason is pointless.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
Doesn't giving a coronavirus vaccine to everyone increase the chances of
the virus mutating to avoid the vaccine? So we should be using it
sparingly.