Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Removing facefbook

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
Is there an easy way to remove it in total from my computer please?

Eh? It's simply another URL on my browser. Remove it from that address
book and in practice it no longer exists.

except for the hundreds of websites with Facebook buttons on them

many of which will be silently [1] collecting data about you for storage
on the FB server

If a site you choose to visit passes on data to another, the solution is
in your hands.

non trivially though

Tim

[1] after you have accepted cookies, of course

Which is your choice.

as I want sites where I "log in" to keep my log in persistent, I have no
choice but to globally accept cookies

The tiny benefit of turning cookies off so that I can't be tracked, just
isn't worth the hassle of have to manually log on each time that I visit a
site