Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Vaccine causes virus mutations?

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
Snit was thinking very hard :
On Jun 7, 2021 at 12:44:04 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote
Doesn't giving a coronavirus vaccine to everyone increase the
chances of the virus mutating to avoid the vaccine?
Nope, it's the reverse of that, the virus can only mutate in infected
people and so the fewer that get infected, the less the chance of it
mutating.
Exactly!

So we should be using it sparingly.
Nope, we should be vaccinating as many as possible with the best
vaccines to reduce the number who get infected.
Yup. And they are nearing what they think is herd immunity in New
York.
Amazing.

Dunno, nothing useful on that with
https://www.google.com/search?q=herd...ty+in+New+York
Gotta link ?

Did more looking into this.
Need 70% to get to herd immunity:

It is COVID fatigue causing compromises I think,

There is no compromise involved.

85 to 90 percent is better

And necessary with the newer more virulent strains.

but 70 sounds more "doable" at this point in time.

Corse a lower number is more doable.

Not enough IMO.