Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default Drier plug ark and have no power

In article ,
says...

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:32:30 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
The first house I lived in had a fuse box and there were two 60 amp
fuses in a holder. You pulled the holder out, and while I would not do
it, you can put it back in upside down to keep the hole plugged up but
the power off.

Why not? I thought that was okay.

(Obviously I would be the only one working on it, and at home. There's no way that would meet OSHA Zero Energy State or LockoutTagout in a work situation.)

Then on the other hand - maybe better to lock the holder in your glove compartment just to be sure.

There is a slight chance that it could be put back in the way it came
out and the circuits would be live. I would much rather just leave it
out, or if in a house other than my own, take it with me so no one could
plug it back in.

I know a half ass electrician that pulled the meter at a church he was
working on. Some one came by and saw the meter laying on the ground
and plugged it back in. Shocked the crap out of the electrician with
the electricity.

Probably to meet OSHA you could put a tag on it. I have been out of the
business for a few years and rules could change. At work we would put a
lock on devices if we could and a tag. In some cases there was no good
way to put a lock on devices , so fuses were pulled and a tag was put on
it for each one that worked on it. Only the origional tag owner could
take his tag off by the rules. If the origional owner could not be
found then it took 2 supervisors and another person to sign off on some
paper work so the tag could be removed.