Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default Samsung TV & soundbar

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 20:03:21 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/5/2021 6:14 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart tv
(whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection for the sound
bar when I hooked one up about 18 months later-out of warranty, so I don't LG
again. We called it Loser Grade at work...

I am looking at Samsung TV's Can anyone give me advice on what to buy? Basic or
more features? What is a "Smart TV". What do the various screen types provide
that would benefit us? Should I buy last years model? Should I get a Samsung
sound bar? Looking at the Samsung site is like the tilt o whirl.

I am disabled so unpacking and setup must be done by others so a Walmart or
similar buy would be out of the question.

Let the thoughts flow, thanks in advance.

Check out Best Buy for the TV installation. I don't know if they still
do it,but several years ago I bought a 60 inch TV and two people came
out and set it up , took off all the packing and even said they would
take the old TV if I wanted them to. The nearest Store to me was about
half an hour to 45 minuites away.

The smart TV will connect to the internet by your wireless internet
modem if you have one. If you are not tech savy you probably do not
want to fool with it.

I have two Samsung TV sets, the 60 and a 32 inch one. They worked well
for close to 10 years.

I think a friend paid Best Buy $100 to do his but what I would do is buy
the TV on line from Best Buy with no shipping charge and set it up
myself. That is what I did for my 30 inch smart TV.

We would do that, if we could, we can't.

Thanks,

--
Tekkie