Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Large screen TV

newshound wrote:
At my more advanced age (70 +) I certainly feel that my "prescription"
can sometimes vary through the day. I'm not sure whether this is because
it actually does, or whether it is an effect of continually reducing
accomodation (so that I notice the effect more).

Think at 70, your eyes are likely pretty well fixed focus.

I'm sure you're right. Mine have been +2.75 (not 2.5) for at least 4
years, perhaps 6.

My optician, a couple of years ago, initially gave me slightly more plus
than needed for infinity. Not something you'd notice in the consulting
room. But did when driving. His answer was it was a compromise most liked.
I didn't.

That is most interesting. It suggests there is an undivulged "agenda"
that opticians apply to a patient's prescription, if the use of "most"
is taken at face value. Well, if I am not keen and you are not keen,
either we are outliers or the premise is wrong. There are many here who
wear glasses and are probably long-sighted, I wonder if they have found
their new glasses to be unsatisfactory because of that correction?

--

Jeff