Posted to rec.woodworking
G Ross[_2_] G Ross[_2_] is offline

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

Patrick Denker wrote:
Zombie post, but I was Googling this subject out of curiosity. The answer is yes, absolutely. I've been using a Roomba 960 as my overworked, much-abused and utterly stalwart shop-sawdust helper for 3 years. It fills up fast and sometimes chokes on nails and wood scraps but keeps on chugging. I use it in combo with a large shop vac connected to table saw dust port + overhead shop air filter. Roomba can't clean up huge piles of sawdust but is always scurrying around my feet keeping it under control. Emptying bin now and then way easier than shop-vaccing whole floor. Plus you can set schedule so it cleans dust every day as it settles. Recommend the newer self-emptying models so you don't have to dump the bin so often.

If I had $600+ to throw around I would probably hire my part time yard
guy To vacuum the shop. He charges $15/hr. I vacuum it for free.

--
G Ross