Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Water pressure pump keeps turning on

dan writes:
On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 14:24:30 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Pressurize it to three pounds below the cut-in presssure (e.g. 37#
if the switch is configured for 40-60).

Thanks for that information.

I'll set it at 27 psi given that the gray cap says the switch is a
"Pumptrol, SquareD, control circuit A600, Type FSG-2, Form U, class 9013,
Ser B, On 30, off 50" but I don't know yet how the air pipe connects to the
bottom.

Note that the marked values are as shipped from the factory. They're often
adjusted in the field. Watch the gauge when it starts and stops to see
what the adjusted values are.