Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Water pressure pump keeps turning on

dan writes:
On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:36:17 -0400, Tekkieİ wrote:
Maybe the pump overheated and went off on thermal and it took the time to
recover?

BTW, pressure at the bladder was 22 psi with no water pressure.
Within five minutes it was between 20 and 30 psi with good water pressure.
But after 1/2 hour it never exceeded 52psi with the pump always running.

I lost some air constantly testing the bladder.
Anyone know what I should pressurize the bladder to when there's no water?

Pressurize it to three pounds below the cut-in presssure (e.g. 37#
if the switch is configured for 40-60).