Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Immersion heater

Mine seems to have some kind of ptfe sleaving over the wires near the actual
connections, but I have to say the ends on the thermostat look and feel like
ordinary piece to me but no damage has ever occurred, so I guess its ok.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
Daughter called me to look at immersion heater. The neutral connection had
failed. I trimmed back the cable and re-made the connections - but I felt
bit un-easy as the terminals seemed quite poor - a post with a nut for N
and a small screw clamp in the thermostat for the +.

Are newer ones any better?

I am wondering if there is a better flexible that the one installed. Any
recommendations?