Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

On Sun, 30 May 2021 11:21:03 -0700 (PDT), Tim R
wrote:

But it is decades since I
owned a sailing dinghy and have never owned any other boat.

So you rent / charter something and if so what sort of thing?

There's an old saying: If it flies or floats, you're better off renting. (sometimes there's a third F mentioned but i disremember what)

Yup. Dad used to say that a boat was 'a hole in the water into which
you throw money' but that said, I think they (Mum and Dad) got a lot
of value out of most of the boats they had later on, even going down
there and just sitting in them, sometimes listening to the radio and
drinking tea, or going to the clubhouse for a meal, even if it was
stormy outside. ;-)

Our family holidays were often on the Norfolk Broads, either in a
chalet or on a houseboat or even on our own boats (pocket / trailable
cruisers) with a dinghy for us kids.

One regret could be not going out with Dad more often but I am more of
a convenience sailor, wanting to go sailing when I want, not just when
the water shows up. ;-)

Cheers, T i m