Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Wed, 26 May 2021 19:15:33 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 09:01:53 +0100, Spike wrote:

On 25/05/2021 18:51, T i m wrote:

No, the left brainers think they are being clever by picking up on my
use of the term 'virus' and assuming I meant it literally rather then
a generic term for whatever malaise you would typically use an
antibiotic on.

FURIOUS BACKPEDAL!

Mention of 'left-brained' = T i m ' s lost the argument again.

Not sure why he said that, left = logical and right = arty, right?

That is the most common and simplified concept but really doesn't go
far enough to cover my use of it in general.

Imagine a scale between left 5 (a droid, / troll), though 0 and out to
Right 5 (a nervous wreck). Stereotypically, most women might be a
right 1 whereas most men a left 1. Women are know to be more nurturing
(empathy) whilst men have better spatial awareness / single tasking
etc. This is brain *dominance* of course, again, not the black and
white thing poorly understood and misquoted by the trolls (and left
brainers because someone they trust hasn't told them it's all true).
You only have to see the impact of a stroke on people to see how it
typically impacts speech or movement, depending on what brain
hemisphere it happens in. However, because the hemispheres are
connected, you can generally re-train the non default (for that
activity / control) hemisphere to take over from the damaged one,
given time.

I'm left then, I have no creative ability and am very logical, but like Tim I don't like harming animals. It's illogical to cause harm.

It's also immoral and unethical (in the majority of cases) and often
illegal?

https://ibb.co/2M7spLd

.... but those traits only impact those with sufficient empathy to be
willing to consider *all* the facts and draw a non-selfish conclusion.

If it means having to give up something we should never have been
doing in the first place (in 2021), some as you say fail to align
their actions with their morals and that confuses and frustrates them
(even if subconsciously).

They *know* we are supposed to care for animals and anyone with a pet
probably does ... but then they pay to have someone else to do harm
(the ultimate being death) to in innocent intelligent and trusting
creature, *simply* because they 'like' how their flesh or excretions
give them taste pleasure.

Then often know what has to happen behind the scenes for them to have
their moments of pleasure but prefer to ignore all of the gory details
.... generally 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Present them with video footage of what their money sponsors in the
abattoirs and feed lots and most flinch and cringe ad say 'that
horrible'. Many will assume it must be happens 'somewhere else' (when
the footage is of 'approved practices' and from their own country)
because they have been indoctrinated since childhood and believe all
the marketing showing 'Happy cows' grazing on lush pasture when that
only happens to a tiny percentage in the UK. Most live their entire
(and often short) lives in massive barns or in concrete pens and some
never livestock (like chickens) never even see sunlight.

So, you mention the animal cruelty and exploitation, the poor resource
use, the pollution and environmental / habitat destruction (and
subsequent loss of wildlife) the zoonotic pandemics and the damage to
human heath from meat consumption (obesity, heart disease, bowel
cancer), antibiotic resistance and the feeding of animals with
'unnatural foods and growth supplements' and all they say in return is
that they *have* to eat meat to obtain a 'natural and balanced diet'
when to anyone with more than one brain cell it's obvious from any
(let alone all) of the above it's all far from balanced or natural.

Imagine the reaction from the general population if you stood in the
high street dropping one day old chicks into a macerator. The chances
are they would be horrified and accuse you of being a sicko and
monster but that's exactly what they pay to have done, when they eat
most farmed chickens eggs (eggs belonging to a chicken, like 'cows
milk' is the child growth fluid produced by and for 'cows').

I wonder how many could then do it themselves if they had to do so to
be allowed to buy eggs ... or pork ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1DcFmUrxUQ

That's not a challenge to those who have become desensitised to the
suffering of animals ... or the psychopaths or those having to do it
to survive, but 'most people' who have a choice and are probably in
denial re the consequences of their choices (not that for many the
indoctrination started with any choice at all of course)?

Cheers, T i m