Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

I have put stuff on "curb-alert" with Craig's List with 100% success - defined as *stuff gone within five (5) days*. This includes everything from old toilets & sinks to questionable electronics. Anything that has even a smidgen of residual appeal (to me) goes to Kutztown for the Buy-it-Now pile. The most amazing(ly awful) stuff gets a new home from that source.

But, I agree that for the most part, many things find their way to landfill due to very minor failures combined, the rarity of good repair options, and the cheapness of replacements.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA