Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohg...@gmail.com is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 10:06:21 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

I actually found a recycler in driving distance
who claims he will even take my CRT tvs.

That's certainly a bit dubious.

I don't know where Rod is, but in my state (U.S.), recyclers are required by law to accept CRT TVs if they want to accept any other electronic waste.

Here's an interesting tidbit: I was bringing four or five flat TVs to a recycler a week to clear out the stored crap, and after a few weeks, they told us they wouldn't accept any more from us because we were a business. I'm sure the fact that any good boards were long removed from these TVs had nothing to do with their decision. I don't know if they can deny us because we're a business or not, but it's clear that a good portion of their profits from recycling TVs is running an ebay TV parts store.