Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile

Default How do you memorise 6-digit authentication codes?

On 14/05/2021 13:16, Pamela wrote:
A web site sends you 6-digit number to your phone to check your ID. Do
you memorise this by saying to yourself: 12-34-56 or 123-456?

It's a genuine question to see what number span people are using to
remember random numbers.

Why do you need to memorise it at all? It is a one time code that only
needs to be in short term memory for at most a few seconds as 123456.

More of a problem for me is poor signal resulting in the website timing
out whilst I wait for the authentication code to arrive. Last week I had
to go and wave the phone around in the garden to get enough signal for
the SMS to arrive. First time round it failed at fifteen minute timeout

--
Regards,
Martin Brown