Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Toshiba TV

On 4/23/2021 9:41 PM, Ed Vance wrote:
Howdy!

A relative bought a newer TV with a larger screen and I got the
older TV, a Toshiba 24V421OU .

My older TV had to have a external Digital TV Convertor box to
be able to watch the Digital TV Channels, the newer TV set I just
got didn't need the Convertor Box.

The other day i came home and had to set the time on some Clocks
because the A.C. Power had failed while I was gone.

After I turned on the TV, I learned that I couldn't see any of the
Sub-Channels on one of the TV Channels.

I went through the Set Up procedure and had it scan the TV Channels
but the set still didn't let me see the Stations that I had been
able to watch before the Power failed that time.

A couple of other times when the Power failed I could get the
missing Channel (Sub-Channels) back, but this time whatever I tried
didn't work.

I have the .PDF file of the Users Manual and tried to find help on
he Toshiba internet pages but didn't see anything there, so I called
the Telephone Number in the Users Manual, 1-800-631-3811 , but it
didn't get answered by Toshiba, I think somebody else is using that
Number now.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I can do to get the TV set up
so I can see the TV Stations I used to watch?

Thanks, 73 de Ed W9ODR . .

... Have you checked your smoke detector batteries & Fire Ext, LATELY?!

Try again after making sure the antenna is pointed toward the offending
transmitter.